Friday, January 18, 2008

My VSN cards so far

Well, I am having a great time playing some of tonight's VSN challenges on SCS. There have been some really creative challenges so far and lots more to come!

My first card was for this challenge - I always love an inspiration challenge and this one was fabulous. I was looking at the shoes and saw that one had a ricrac kind of trim - and thought, don't I have some pink and brown ricrac in my stash? And once I pulled those out, I thought immediately of a baby card, knowing that I had some cute ones I'd gotten recently. These papers by Pebbles seemed perfect, especially since the floral has brown in it! I picked the bear stamp from Bundle of Joy (SU) because he would good look brown, and he's so darn cute. I stamped him in basic brown on watercolor paper and colored in with a cocoa watercolor crayon. I used the pretty in pink crayon to shade in the background (kinda hard to see in the photo). The sentiment is from the coordinating set Bundled in Love and was inked with a Tombow marker. I matted everything with cocoa cardstock, added the ricrac (from JoAnn's) and mounted the bear on dimensionals. You may recall that I did this card a while back and so I did a CASE of myself - and if I do say so, I think I stepped it up a notch!

And now for something completely different - the next challenge, "Little Black Dress," was to stamp on black cardstock (see here). All supplies are SU - except the brad in the center. I had some old winter white embossing powder gifted from a friend, and got out my retired Good Things Grow set. The squares were punched with the 1 1/4" square punch. I used pomegranate as an accent color, mounting the squares so they made this nifty pattern. And then I broke the rules a bit, because the embellishments were also supposed to be black, but the challenge also said something special that we were saving, which these Making Memories crystal brads definitely are, and you know, my favorite little black dresses always have a bit of bling! The stamped panel is mounted on dimensionals.

I stamped the canvas background in black on vanilla cardstock - note to self, you will have to rinse your Stampin' Scrub after stamping a black background! I cut a larger pomegranate panel and tied the black grosgrain around, then punched ovals from vanilla and black and added the sentiment (from Short & Sweet) in pomegranate, and mounted that with dimensionals. It all went on a vanilla card. I really love how this turned out, and maybe I'll do another one with teal instead of pomegranate, since I had a hard time choosing!

I may do one more challenge before bed tonight (OK, maybe two if I get cracking) but this is the last you'll hear from me for today. Night!

No comments: