Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Stamping to take my mind off things

We discovered a bit of a crisis this morning. The heat was down too low in part of the house last night and some part of the pipes froze. That whole side of the house was cold so which part, we don't know. We are worried that the pipes could burst and damage or destroy our not-so-long-ago-fully-finished basement (otherwise known as Todd's Sherlock Holmes study). We have space heaters running and I hope and pray that the ice is melting as we speak.

So in the meantime I'm working on cards - always a great escape from real life! I decided to do today's color challenge on SCS, which was to use real red, blue bayou and soft sky. This card is all SU products, and it's a CASE of a beautiful card on p. 37 of the spring-summer '08 catalog. I first stamped the 2-step flowers from the A Beautiful Thing set in soft sky and blue bayou, then cut them out and mounted to a blue bayou panel. (Almost all the panels have edges distressed with my fingernail.) Under that I layered red, vanilla, and soft sky panels, then added the ribbon. The card is a top fold in soft sky with the canvas background stamped and the edges inked up. For the sentiment I did another vanilla panel with the sentiment in red and affixed it to the bottom of the card before adding the center panel. The flowers are mounted with dimensionals, and I used two layers on the center flower so it would pop up over the other two. This was a pretty quick and easy one to do!

Hope you'll stop by for my inspiration challenge tomorrow - happy stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your card and the colors.
JoAnn B.