Wednesday, January 16, 2008

CASEing my way through blogland

I gotta say, I am loving that my freelance work is caught up, the kids are happily playing with the babysitter, and I am happily playing in my stamping room! I haven't had enough time for creativity lately so it's much needed solace for my soul.

I found this card of Andria Werner's that I was dying to CASE. Of course, I didn't read her description until I was almost done, so I ended up changing some things, but I guess that's what it's all about, right? My card is all Stampin' Up! stuff this time. I started with vanilla cardstock and took out my Artfully Asian stamps - Todd got me this one for Christmas, and it was my first time using it. Love it! I stamped the leaf branches in artichoke and the flower branches in celery, then used my blender pen and the celery and guava ink pads to color. This is one of my favorite combos for a nice, soft card. I tried to have less ink on the blender pen with the leaves on the flower stem so they'd be lighter - I liked the contrasting outline on Andria's card.

I took another vanilla panel and stamped with the linen background in guava, then added the sentiment in artichoke at the bottom. I decided to use the narrow grosgrain (in celery) since the wider one seemed overwhelming to the images. Once the panels were mounted on artichoke, I added the vintage brads and put it all on a celery card base, using dimensionals to pop up the stamped panel. And that's it!

No comments: