Sunday, February 3, 2008

Bonus Sunday Challenge #1: 30-minute Valentines

I only had 30 minutes this morning to complete a card for the featured stamper challenge on SCS, and as I was doing it I thought it would be fun to do a bonus blog challenge. I don't expect to do these every Sunday, but whenever I feel like it. Come play! And here's a keyword for uploading on SCS: DSBSC1.

Here is the challenge: Make a Valentine's card in 30 minutes. I had to hustle with mine, especially considering that I had to choose all my materials in that time frame. So I'll make it a bit easier on you - choose your layout and materials, and then start the timer.

For my card I chose to CASE this card of Renee's. I just loved the layout! I made mine a good deal simpler to fit in the 30 minutes. I did generation stamping rather than coloring, and I used fewer colors. This is an SU only card, which made it go faster, and I also went for my favorite Valentine color combo, pretty in pink, purely pomegranate, and very vanilla. The heart stamp is from Priceless and the sentiment from Many Happy Returns. I also broke out my new So Swirly wheel for the background, with pretty in pink ink. The dirty edges were done in pomegranate. OK, I gotta go now, really!

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

What a great challenge!! I am a super slow stamper so it felt good to push myself...thanks for the push!! I love your Valentine with all the hearts...here is mine...no stamping, just rub-ons. Hope that counts!! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/799411?cat=500&ppuser=28771