Saturday, February 2, 2008

I love the Block Guy!

I don't remember whose blog I was reading when I found out about the Block Guy, but I'm so glad that I did! You can find his site here.

There were two stamp sets in the new SU catalog that I looked at and thought, I would totally use those if they weren't all on a single stamp. The first is the Happiness background and the second is Many Happy Returns. Well, thanks to the Block Guy, I was able to separate them and now can use them individually! I know I will get so much use out of these that it was worth spending a little more to get the new blocks. They are cut to size for each set and arrived just a couple days after I ordered. I couldn't be happier!


Here is how the two sets look when mounted this way. I really can't wait to make a baby girl card that says "tickled pink"!

I already made a card using one of these sets. I picked up this adorable cupcake stamp from Lockhart yesterday, and I didn't really think of using it for a valentine, but now that I have "sweetie cakes" it seemed perfect. The image is stamped in purely pomegranate and colored in with pretty in pink ink on a blender pen. Then I used my Versamarker, SU heat & stick powder and glitter to make them sparkly. I used my Stampendous heart stickers to cover up the cherries on top of the cupcakes so they would seem more valentine-y. The scalloped panel was done with my corner rounder punch.

For the card I took a white base and stamped the hearts from Sprinkles in pomegranate. The pink dot paper is from the hostess 6x6 paper pack. I added a strip of pomegranate ribbon before attaching the dot panel to the card. The inside is stamped with a Happy Valentine's Day stamp. I have to say I think this one turned out really cute, and finally a glittery card I'm happy with!

No comments: