Thursday, June 26, 2008

Belated birthday post...


Here's a card I made earlier in the week but never got around to posting. This was for the watercoloring with reinkers technique challenge that was posted on SCS on Monday. This technique wasn't new to me, but I did learn something new from the guest hostess, which was to put water on the stamped watercolor paper before taking the color to it. It was really fun playing around with doing it this way - unfortunately a lot of my experiments went awry, but I liked how this card turned out.

I've been so busy with my freelance work that all my stamping has had to be quick - maybe that's part of my feeling blue. But this was another fast card. I stamped the bird from Fun & Fast Notes in black Stazon, and then watercolored using soft sky, river rock, and purely pomegranate reinkers. (I don't have very many reinkers yet - mostly the In Colors, so that's what I used. Twist my arm...) The flower and bird were done by making the paper wet first and then coloring - I liked how the shading turned out. (I don't know if you can tell, but the flower is up on dimensionals because I first did it in guava and didn't like how it turned out, so the pomegranate one was cut and mounted on top!)

I punched the bird and then mounted to a scalloped square that I paper-pierced all around the edge. I used soft sky paper for the background and stamped the Hugs & Wishes sentiment in pomegranate directly onto the dot paper. I added a layer of pomegranate cardstock, punched the corners with a Marvy punch, and tied on some dot pomegranate ribbon that came from a retired scrappin' kit. Short and sweet!

No comments: