Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I can't resist Soft Sky

I knew that when I saw today's color challenge, I wouldn't be able to let it pass me by. Soft sky is just one of my most favorite colors and I think it always will be. Today Emily paired it with kraft and basic black - a very striking combo!

I thought this big cake stamp by Savvy Stamps would look great with paper piecing done on the soft sky floral paper from the Afternoon Tea pack. I stamped it in black on the paper and also on kraft cardstock, then cut out just the cake from the paper and adhered it onto the cardstock. I love black layers for a dramatic card so I knew I'd use them today.

For the background I used a panel of soft sky designer paper, a kraft layer with paper piercing, and a black layer with a scalloped edge done with the corner rounder punch. I added a bit of black satin ribbon then put it onto a soft sky top-fold card. The sentiment is also from Savvy Stamps.

Had to keep it pretty quick today. Todd's horrible crunch time at work is supposed to be done tomorrow, but I'm still under the gun with my freelance projects. I'll be hard at work this week but I feel much better having taken a break for some stamping!

1 comment:

SixMonthsofKetchupSoup said...

Beautiful! I love that color combo, I favorited it on SCS :)