Friday, June 6, 2008

Sorry I've been quiet

I've been working on lots of stuff - just stuff I can't post! I was asked to do a Fresh Cuts swap, and I'm also putting together some cards for a contest - I'll need to send them off Monday so it's been a little nuts around here. Plus Todd is getting ready for a special archeology event for kids at his lab tomorrow, so we haven't seen much of him. Last I saw he was busy burying artifacts (real ones!) in strata of Jell-O for kids to dig out with a spoon!

I found out this morning that my grandfather passed away last night. He was 91 and had been diagnosed with liver cancer at the end of last year - right after his wife of (I believe) nearly 70 years passed away before Christmas. I am glad that he is no longer suffering and is reunited with my grandmother now.

I'll be traveling down to Virginia for the funeral on Monday and returning late Tuesday. With everything else going on here in the meantime, I may not be able to post until I get back - just wanted to offer a heads-up. Also there may not be a challenge next week - we'll see. Thanks for understanding - I'll be back just as soon as I can, I promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'll be praying for your family during this time. Safe travels and hopefully life will calm down soon. :)
Love
LeAnn

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Lori! (: I'm very sorry to hear about your grandpa ... Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers ... Hang in there!

Love --
Wendi (: