Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy, busy, busy


Whew, this project of keeping up with my Etsy store is a challenge! I'm trying to get a bunch of cards made today that I can list. Pardon me for putting all of these in one blog post - I am just pressed for time!

Here's a quick one I did last night - it was quick because I had the tree left over from last week. It's the same chocolate chip, really rust, and more mustard colors, and I layered it with rectangle Nestabilities. I added some chocolate chip satin ribbon, background paper from the level 1 hostess patterns pack, and a sentiment from Elegant Cheer.


Next, my card for Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge for today. It was really a challenge - to use no image stamps. I decided to use the Nursery Letters jumbo wheel to make a baby card, and I pulled out some coordinating paper and stickers from Marcella by K&Co. that I'd gotten at Target ages ago. I wheeled the letters with mellow moss on blush blossom cardstock, then added "sweet" made with stickers on vanilla cardstock. I cut the large flower from one of the other paper patterns and stamped "baby" (from All Year Cheer) onto a third pattern. Finally I added some dimensional flower stickers - love the glitter centers - and peach grosgrain ribbon from Making Memories. To round the corners I used an EK Success scalloped corner punch.

Here's my favorite card of the day, at least so far! The limited supply challenge is another good one: to use eyelets and one piece of ribbon, one piece of designer paper, blue on the card somewhere, and no punches, Cuttlebug, or other embellishments. I chose a piece of American Crafts paper and chocolate chip and bashful blue cardstock to match. I stamped the butterfly from Just Celebrate three times, on white, blue, and chocolate chip, and then paper pieced the body and wings. I added my jumbo pewter eyelet in the corner and glued on a knot of blue and white dot organdy ribbon. (Is there a way to tie a knot through an eyelet?? Someone enlighten me, please, because I couldn't figure it out! Eyelets are still pretty new to me.) To fill in some of that white space I pierced around the white rectangle, and also on the blue band that crosses the center.

OK, gotta run. I may be back later - hope so!

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Gosh, but you've had a busy and productive morning -- I'm impressed!!!! All three of your cards are gorgeous!!! You did a wonderful job on both of your challenge cards today -- LOVE your creativity on using no image stamps!!!! And I love the crisp and fresh feeling of the LSC today!!! Great work!! TFS!!!