Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today's color challenge



This card came together pretty quickly since I had all the supplies on my table already! I decided to make another Season of Friendship card for today's color challenge, which was to use chocolate chip, tangerine tango, and kiwi kiss.

I started out stamping the tree in chocolate chip, then I added the tangerine and kiwi leaves. This stamp is so large that it kind of dictates the layout - so I was trying to think of something different to do with it. I just got the petite oval Nestabilities so I decided to play with those. The tree didn't fit well inside the ovals if I wanted to use the whole thing, but then I thought it'd be kind of cool to offset it. I layered the tree oval onto a scalloped chocolate chip oval.

After the oval was cut, I thought the bottom looked bare, so what better for fall than some leaves on the ground? I stamped these and then cut them out and glued them under the tree.

This striped tangerine paper (from the pattern pack) seemed great for a background. It keeps to the clean look of the stamping. I layered it onto chocolate chip and then used an EK Success scalloped corner punch. For embellishments I used a bit of kiwi striped ribbon and some retired copper Hodgepodge Hardware, with a sentiment from Short & Sweet.

That's it for today - come back tomorrow for the inspiration challenge!

1 comment:

teresa kline said...

Lori, I luv this tree...you have turned out some gorgeous cards with it.....luv the rounded corners on the panels! *~*