Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sketchy

I decided to play around with today's SCS sketch challenge a little more. I pulled out some papers that I've had for a while - these are from A2Z Essentials. I had so much fun with teal and red in my IC card that I guess I wanted to keep it going!

For the first card I flipped the sketch. I colored the flower from Live Your Dream with ruby red and old olive markers, and to get the dark teal color, I used some combinations of Tombow markers. Only later did I discover I had some Versamark Pacific pigment ink that was a better match, but oh well. I used that for the sentiment. I stamped the butterfly and then cut the panel with the out of the box technique. I used several ruby red layers, some unknown organdy ribbon that matches the ruby red really well, and sahara sand for the card base and sentiment.



On this second card I made the dot paper the largest layer and used the floral print in brown this time. I stamped in craft ink for bold images with these Enjoy Every Moment stamps. The teal is the Versamark Pacific pigment ink and then I used chocolate chip and ruby red craft ink. All of the stamping was done on sahara sand cardstock. I popped up the cut-out flowers and also the word window punch. Then I added a couple vintage brads since I didn't have ribbon on this card. This is another sahara sand card base - I'm getting creative since I have no white and I'm getting a little bored with vanilla, LOL!

I've had fun creating today and I hope you have, too! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Lori -- these cards are so pretty! I love the greens. I actually wanted to get your advice on a good shade of green cardstock -- I need to start stocking up on reds and greens for holiday stuff. I was thinking that handsome hunter would be a good one for traditional Christmas stuff -- do you think so? I saw that SU has a brighter green as well, but I can't recall the name, though. And reds? What do you think? I know you're heading out of town -- we can talk/e-mail about this whenever you have time - not a rush! And, also, have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Both of your sketch cards are beautifully done, Lori!