Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun with glitter and chipboard


I wanted to try the second sketch for today's sketch challenge. I'm not sure what I think of this card, but I'm going to post it because I worked a long time on it!

SCS is using pink in challenges this week in honor of breast cancer awareness month. I didn't use pink on the last card, but I wanted to for this one. And when I think pink, I often think of baby girl cards. I just love making them!

I decided to use some Piggy Tales Gretel papers. I have a whole bunch of these and they've never been cut into! The colored cardstock is Bazzill and I used a whisper white card base. I used the ticket corner punch for my panels, and I ended up shifting the green panel to the right a little because it just looked better that way. The large pink panel was embossed with the Cuttlebug swiss dots folder.

I can't remember how I ended up doing it, but I decided to try some chipboard, which I hardly ever use. I have a ton of it, of course! The letters are from the On Board Lots of Letters and the hearts from the Simon Upper pack (retired). For the letters I first colored them with a pink Sharpie marker, then added pink Stickles. These took a good, long time to dry. I covered the hearts with my two printed papers and then sanded the edges and adhered with sticky strip. Tip of the day: To cover a chipboard shape with designer paper, I use Tombow Mono Multi on the front of the chipboard then adhere to the back of the paper. Once it's dry, I cut around the edges with small scissors and sand the edges with a sanding block. The fewer edges, the easier this is - so hearts are pretty easy, LOL.

This is definitely a different sort of card for me. What do you think? Maybe I should make more chipboard cards - it would take a while to use up my stash!

I may be scarce around here for the next little while. I have my Christmas stamp camp coming up on November 1 and there is much to do for that. I also signed up to do a vendor fair at Ben's school on Nov. 17-18 - a pretty big time commitment, which I hadn't realized when I signed up. Oops. It's a fund-raiser, which is the primary reason I'm doing it, since I had decided I wasn't going to do any fairs this year. But now I need to make some nice stuff to sell there. And keep up with my Etsy shop as well. I'll post as much as I can, though!

No comments: