Sunday, July 12, 2009

Button Butterfly Birthday

Here's a quick challenge card for today. When was the last time I played the featured stamper challenge? If I can't remember, then it's clearly been a while! Today's lucky stamper is Kelly (aka schirmcat) who has a huge and lovely gallery. I chose this card because I liked her butterflies so much and had an idea for what my card would be almost instantly.

The starting point for my card was actually this ribbon, which I found on clearance for 25 cents! It's a good match for melon mambo. My next choice was the Great Friend butterfly, which is probably my favorite butterfly stamp. I was trying to decide on a color scheme and decided to check the Walk in the Park DP that matches the stamp set, which is where I found this beautiful saffron paper. Then I knew that I wanted to put a bunch of buttons onto the ribbon, and I pulled out the Button Latte set and found saffron and vanilla there, so I was good to go. (The other buttons are from my vintage button stash.)

I first layered the DP to melon cardstock, punched the corners (with an EK Success punch), and added the strip of ribbon where Kelly had her fence. Next I stamped the butterfly in melon on vanilla cardstock, cut it out, and mounted with dimensionals. I tied my buttons with hemp twine and adhered with glue dots. I chose the sentiment (My Sentiments Exactly) and stamped with melon right onto the saffron paper, then isntead of brads I added a row of piercing under the sentiment. I didn't want to add any more embellishments with all those buttons! To finish up I echoed the piercing in the upper corners and called it done! Not a lot of time today so I kept it simple. Some days are just like that... and that's OK!

1 comment:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Lori! Love the colors!! What EK Success punch did you use for the corners?