Sunday, July 26, 2009

Double feature!


I had a great time with the featured stamper challenge today - so great that I made two cards! The first one was CASEd from this card. I kept the flowers going down the side and the framed sentiment, but I added ribbon and piercing, changed the colors and images, and placed the frame in a different spot. My flowers are from For All You Do (love this new set), the frame from Gallery, and the sentiment from Sincere Salutations. The colors are soft sky (which I still love) and not quite navy, which allowed me to use this gorgeous ribbon from the Elementary Ribbon Originals. All three ribbons in the pack are great, but this ribbon alone makes it totally worth the price!

Here's my second card. This one is a CASE of this card. I kept the top and bottom strips with the offset image panel, but I made it an oval and much larger - not really my intention but that's how it goes sometimes! I left off the ribbon since there wasn't really room, but I added a punched border (EK Success) to the top and bottom panels, and I also included a sentiment and some pearls (Martha Stewart). I stamped these beautiful flowers from Penny Black with Memento tuxedo black on PTI white and colored with Copics. (I'm also submitting this card for the Copic Creations botanicals challenge.) My papers are Basic Grey: Wassail (I figured toile doesn't have to be for Christmas!) and Sultry. The green cardstock is Bazzill Capers, and the sentiment is by Savvy Stamps. I used my new modern label punch for the first time - I love how the pearls fit perfectly into the round bits on the ends!

I've had a great weekend - the IC yesterday was lots of fun, and I've really enjoyed all the challenges I played. I can't promise I will have as much time to create in the coming week, but I hope you'll see me back soon!

2 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

The 2nd card is my fave. Love the pearl embellishments.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a beautiful card, Lori. This is so pretty. Thanks for joining our CC Botanicals challenge.