Thursday, July 2, 2009

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #7


And now for something completely different! I don't know what it was about this artwork from shopSCAD that spoke to me for this week's challenge - I am a cat lover, but I think I also went for the soft colors and the use of the (presumably) vintage items. Plus, it's different than anything I've ever chosen for a challenge, so I hope you have fun with it!

As it turned out, I had a hard time with my own challenge this week. Don't you hate when that happens? Well, here is my card, which I really like, even if it doesn't look much like the inspiration piece. I elected not to use a cat image - I chose the flowers instead. I used old olive, not quite navy, and bashful blue for my colors. The flower stamp is by Magenta - it's an unmounted rubber stamp I picked up a while ago, and it's gorgeous. I stamped with Memento tuxedo black on PTI white cardstock and colored it with Copics. To reflect the circles in the inspiration piece, I used Nestabilities and my SU punches for the image and sentiment (from True Friend). The background uses a bashful blue panel stamped with the little flower from Razzle Dazzle and a panel of paper from the Little Yellow Bicycle Zinnia collection. For embellishment I used a vintage-looking white crochet trim from JoAnn's and an actual vintage button (thanks, Mom!) tied with organdy polka-dot ribbon.

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Angela

Chat

Chris

Julie

Keri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC7. Have fun and look for the next challenge in two weeks!

7 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Lori! Love the flower image and that lace is perfect. Love the dp and blue stamped bg.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Lori!! Love that flower with the lace!! Very elegant!! Great dp and stamping!! Gorgeous!

Angela said...

So pretty! Love that lace trima nd the green paired with the blue. Beautiful!

pam124 said...

Hey Lori, you card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I was able to get to the DDIC7 this week: Here's mine:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1402950?cat=500&ppuser=176085

I really enjoyed it. Loved the colors and vintage feel of the inspiration. No kitty cat though, sorry!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lori love the card the image and lace...just everything it is gorgeous. My entry is on my blog at http://coldwaters2.blogspot.com

Hugs
Lorraine x

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Lori! Love the vintage look, and the colors!
here's mine:
... Joyful Stamper: A Sweetheart Just for You!
Blessings, Maria

Irit Shalom said...

I THOUGT THIS COLOR COMBINATION IS NOT MY CUP OF TEA- BUT I DID SOMETHING AAND I LIKE IT
HERE IS MY CARD