Friday, July 24, 2009

Gettin' down and dirty


This is my third year playing along with the Dirty Dozen and their Dare to Get Dirty challenges! This year it's all packed into three days, so I've lost count of how many challenges there have been so far, with more to come tomorrow. I would love to do them all, but the only way I'm going to accomplish that is to combine the heck out of them. So... here is my first "dirty" card, which is for three challenges: to use tags, to make a masculine card, and to use texture.

My tag and matching DP are from the Cosmo Cricket Souvenir collection. I stamped the tree from Forest Friends right onto the tag with chocolate chip ink, then added the cardstock sentiment (by A Muse) with dimensionals. I tied a bit of ribbon - found it at a stamp store, have no idea who made it, but it's wonderful - through the tag.

For texture I used one of the SU texture plates and Bazzill cardstock. I sanded the argyle a bit after embossing it - and I feel the need to point out, this color came out a lot more coral in the photo when really it's a nice brick red. I hate when that happens! I sanded my DP panels on the edges, added three copper brads, and put it all onto a light green card base that was sponged with chocolate chip ink to make it look as dirty as the tag (which I only sanded - no sponging required!).

This card filled an urgent need I had for a masculine birthday card - thanks to the Dirty Dozen for the great challenges! If you are a member of the Fan Club, then go check out the challenges and play along - it's so much fun!

No comments: