Saturday, August 9, 2008

Just hitting the highlights

I'm having an interesting time with my stamping these days - it's like my own limited supply challenge! I brought all my new In Colors, though, so I'm enjoying playing with them. I've also done some mass production for some orders I've had - I may not get those blogged, but we'll see!

Anyway, on to today's card. For the SCS inspiration challenge the piece was a beautiful Asian table setting - I looked at it and immediately thought of riding hood red and baja breeze. I wanted to use some Bella Rose paper so I added chocolate chip to my color combo. I used a chocolate chip marker pen and a blender pen and riding hood red reinker to color the flower image - oh heck, I'm totally blanking on the name of this set. Is it Stem Silhouettes? Yikes. Someone help me here! :) I stamped the image on baja breeze cardstock and layered with chocolate chip. The panel is two different Bella Rose papers, with another panel of white and a sentiment from Short & Sweet. I finished off with a baja breeze card base and some white taffeta ribbon. I should also add this layout was CASEd from a card on Pam Varnell's blog - sorry, I don't have a link, but I wanted to give her credit!

Can I just say, I am having so much trouble waiting out the new catalog release on Monday! I'll be ordering right away. I really can't wait to have more options for our new colors. It's going to be so much fun getting that UPS delivery!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Lori! Still away on your trip? This is a beautiful card. This past weekend, I finally used the French Flair that I ordered from you. I was excited to use it!