Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Saying good-bye to a favorite...


I'm grieving a little bit this week - my favorite Live Your Dream stamp set did not make it into the new catalog coming out next week. I know I won't part with it, but I never got the opportunity to showcase it to customers, so I'm kind of sad about that. So I decided to make a card today using the large flower stamp from that set, for the SCS color and sketch challenges for the week.

The color challenge was to choose any of the retiring In Colors - something else I'm really going to miss! I do like the new ones a lot but it's been hard to not pick up the old ones recently. I didn't have all of the colors available so I chose groovy guava and river rock, plus very vanilla. I used two prints from the Ginger Blossom pack for the background panel and the triangles - which were kind of tricky but I like how they look. The flower was colored with reinkers and a blender pen and then stamped. I decided to go monochromatic with the layers and sponging, which I'm not sure I've ever done but I really like the look of the blocks of color. For embellishments I added three Martha Stewart half-back pearls and an oval-punched Hero Arts sentiment with a bit of guava ribbon.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet today - hope you're having a good one!

No comments: