Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend mojo

I haven't done one of Julee's Mojo Monday sketches in a quite a while - I thought the past week's would be fun with some of my new stamps, plus it was her contest week (a bit delayed this month).

For this card I pulled out the new Eastern Blooms set. This was one of the first stamp sets I saw previews of and said, "I gotta have that!" I colored the flower branch with an old olive marker and baja breeze reinker and blender pen. It's stamped on very vanilla cardstock, then I added the sentiment below. I took the "kindness" stamp from Heard from the Heart and colored just the cursive word with my olive marker. I used the ticket corner punch and olive sponging for more interest, then layered on baja breeze and olive cardstock.

I made the small shape in Julee's sketch into a square, punching out baja breeze and olive squares with the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches. I tucked the square under the vanilla layer, as Julee shows in the sketch, but then added the flower on top with a pop-up glue dot. The baja breeze flower and olive "leaves" (actually cut-out flower petals) both come from the Eastern Blooms set. I used a brass vintage brad in the center of the flower.

To put it all together, I layered a panel of baja breeze paper from the Green Tea collection onto olive cardstock and a vanilla card, with 5/8" olive grosgrain ribbon going across the middle. These colors just look so pretty together - I am really enjoying the new In Colors!

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful. I can't wait to order Eastern Blooms. Thanks for playing my challenge!

Felicia said...

Great job on coloring your main image!