Monday, January 26, 2009

Club cards for Valentine's Day

Oops, I never got around to posting these over the weekend! Time has a way of slipping through my fingers...

We had a very fun time at our first club meeting last Friday. We were going to do two cards but I ended up making three because I just couldn't decide!

The first one was the most labor-intensive. I wanted to teach the "Roll with the Punches" technique created by Laura Fredrickson. I used our new full heart punch, the So Swirly wheel, and riding hood red ink. To define the hearts I sponged around the punched-out hearts with the red ink and a dauber. I also used the eyelet border punch on this card. It's not too hard to make the square - I basically followed the SCS tutorial for making squares with the scallop edge punch. This punch I think is even easier because you can line up the eyelet holes at the corners. Try it - it's fun! The sentiment stamp comes from All Holidays and the designer paper is Candy Lane.

I wanted to do a card that the club members could give to their hubbies. You know that masculine valentines are not easy! Todd told me he thought the lovebirds were too cutesy, but I and my fellow stampers disagreed, LOL. These stamps are from Love You Much and A Happy Heart. I used some basic gray retired Halloween paper along with basic black and real red cardstock. I added just a bit of piercing at the corners to dress it up a bit.

This was a quick card that I added at the last minute, just in case they wanted to make a feminine card. The heart is also from Love You Much, the sentiment from A Happy Heart, and the paper is again Candy Lane. The combination of close to cocoa and pink pirouette is so soft and pretty.

That's it for today - wow, this day has flown by and I have yet to stamp a single thing. You know how it feels - a day without stamping is like a day without sunshine! :) Hope you all find a little sunshine in your day with whatever makes you smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm particularly in LOVE with your rolling with the punches card! It's gorgeous!! Great job on all of the cards!!