Saturday, January 24, 2009

The joy of a new catalog



























Have I mentioned that I really love all the wonderful new stuff in the spring/summer catalog? Wow. It's just gorgeous. And how perfect was it that today's SCS inspiration challenge featured an image that let me use several new things on one card?

I started out with the stunning Parisian Breeze specialty papers. The colors of chocolate chip and baja breeze were perfect for this challenge. The stamp set is Friends 24-7, which has some really elegant images. It's definitely one of my favorites in the new catalog.

I chose the dot and floral papers and put two panels of them together, then covered the seam with baja breeze satin ribbon from the Valet Ribbon Originals. The flower is stamped on baja breeze cardstock in chocolate chip, with the damask stamp as a background. I used baja breeze ink stamped off once. Instead of a full layer I added a strip of chocolate chip punched with the eyelet border punch on one side. To think I wasn't going to get this punch - I think I'm going to be using it all the time!

The sentiment also comes from the same set. I hope it's readable - I really wanted to repeat the floral print in the bottom of the card for balance. I used the circle and scallop circle punches, and then to mimic the eyelet punch, I used the 1/16" inch punch on the scallops.

I have another idea for this challenge, so I hope I'll get to come back again later. I'd also love to show you what we made at club last night, which was really fun. Hope you gals enjoyed it! But right now I'm off to Jump On In for a birthday party with Ben. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I'll have more for you later on!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Lori -- this is absolutely stunning! So beautiful! Last night was lots of fun -- I am having a great time looking through the catalog. Thanks for everything!

Anonymous said...

Lori--I love it! How great to find such wonderful ribbon from a different vendor that matches Baja so wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

hi Lori, this card is beautiful! great job!!