Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a fun surprise!


I logged onto SCS this morning to check the color challenge, only to find it was based on one of my cards! After I made that card, I sent it to Emily as a suggestion for a color challenge, and she chose it for today. I was really excited, and I think people had fun with it. At least I hope so!

I wanted to participate in the challenge and make a new card. I really liked my original idea with these colors so in hopes of finding inspiration, I turned to some new stamps that just arrived yesterday. Before the new catalog preview ended I ordered Petal Pizazz, which has some very fun flowers in it. I think the one I used today is going to be my favorite. I stamped it in both bravo burgundy and regal rose, then cut out both flowers. I did the same for the leaves in kiwi kiss. Then I stamped the stems in kiwi and added the flowers and leaves with dimensionals.

For a subtle background I stamped the same flower with Versamark on a panel of regal rose cardstock. I thought the Cute & Curly sentiment was a nice way to echo the curve of the flowers. I layered that onto burgundy and then added a bow made from wide regal rose grosgrain ribbon, another layer of burgundy cardstock, and a white top-folded card.

Sorry that I was absent for so many days! My mom was here and I was enjoying spending time with her. One really good thing is that she helped me clean my studio - it's looking soooo much better now. Thanks, Mom! Let's hope I can keep it clean. I better go check if I put all my supplies away!

2 comments:

dj said...

Oh girl--so we have you to thank for the color combo!! You sure made it work--me I had to really fight with it!! I do love your card!! Happy Stampin!!

Darlene said...

WOW ... way to go!! This card is awesome in color & design!!