Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #44: Nature's Curiosities



Wow, it's Wednesday already! This week's challenge is a set of prints called Nature's Curiosities. The link will show you all nine images, but here I'm showing you the two that were my main source of inspiration. These really reminded me of the set Flores Suaves from the SU Spanish catalog. For my layout I used today's SCS sketch challenge, which worked so perfectly.

I started my card with the colors very vanilla, close to cocoa, rose red/purely pomegranate, kiwi kiss, and baja breeze, and the background paper from Making Memories. I stamped everything with Timber Brown Stazon on watercolor paper, then watercolored with pomegranate, kiwi, and baja breeze reinkers and an Aqua Painter. For the center of the butterfly I used a mixture of close to cocoa and chocolate chip watercolor crayons. (I tried using rose red on the flower first, but it wasn't dark enough when watercolored.) I sponged cocoa ink on the edges of everything, even the butterfly. The sentiment is by A Muse, and I placed it in a retired copper Hodgepodge Hardware oval threaded with rose red grosgrain ribbon. For mounting I had to stamp the butterfly again in order to get the antennae, then I used that as a guide to positioning everything and mounted the butterfly on dimensionals.

Please come play along with the challenge this week! Your SCS keyword this week is DSIC44. Don't forget to put a link to your creation here so everyone can see!

No comments: