Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm a color combo junkie

Today's ways to use it challenge on SCS was a fabulous idea - to find a site with inspiration for color combinations. Julia suggested this Adobe site - wow, what a wealth of color possibilities are there! I will definitely be coming back to that site. I browsed a lot of combos but was basically looking for something that could be a valentine. I finally chose a combination called Samson, and from that I came up with rose red, bravo burgundy, kraft, garden green, and very vanilla.

Here's my card. I'm not sure what I think of this... I don't love it but I don't really know why! I stamped the flower image from Flower Fancy in rose red, garden green, and burgundy. I added the Hero Arts sentiment in burgundy at the bottom, then cut out the flower with Nestabilities and layered onto a scalloped burgundy oval. The rose red patterned paper is left over from a retired scrappin' kit. Over that I added some kraft taffeta ribbon. For layers I used a burgundy panel, then a kraft panel and a vanilla card.

I'm going to keep it short today - we have family coming and lots of cleaning to do! Hopefully I'll find some time to post over the weekend. It's going to be so cold here that we're not going to want to go anywhere. Hope it's warmer where you are, and if it is, I envy you!

No comments: