Saturday, March 27, 2010

Catching up

Sorry I disappeared again. I have really been missing my stamping time! I had a sad event in my life... my grandfather - my last surviving grandparent - passed away on March 17. I traveled to Pennsylvania be with my extended family for the funeral, in the midst of a very busy schedule. But I think I am nearly caught up. We'll see what the week ahead brings.

I wanted to take a minute to share the two cards that we made at club last night, along with the Easter basket that I posted last week. All of the projects were a hit and we had a great time, as always. First up is a faux cloisonne card inspired by this card on Ann Schach's blog. I decided to let my club members pick their own colors for their flowers, so in prepping the materials I kept everything else white and just used a black sentiment from Thank You Kindly. In case you don't already know, the faux cloisonne technique uses embossing on magazine pages. I think I've usually seen it done with gold embossing, but I loved how Ann used white with the Fifth Avenue Floral images. We embossed the background with one of the texture plates, added the sentiment with the modern label punch and Movers & Shapers, and popped everything up on dimensionals, with two jumbo silver brads as the only embellishment. I just love how the flowers pop against the white.

The second card was an Easter card inspired by this card from Jen del Muro. I loved what she did with the frame, and since I just got the Circle Scissors Plus, I was able to try something similar. The floral paper is from the Pawsitively Prints paper pack - I wanted a springy print and this fit the bill. I also wanted to use the Eggcellent Eggs kit components - unfortunately this kit has sold out, but if you were lucky enough to get one, you know how cute the little embellishments are! We used some of the flowers and rhinestones with the scribble swirl die and 1/4" punches of ballet blue cardstock.

I have one more class this weekend and an editing deadline on Monday, but if I'm lucky I'll be back here before the Divine Divas are up for the next challenge on April 1. Can I do it? We'll see!

No comments: