Thursday, March 18, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #24


For this week's challenge I have for you a headboard and pillow collection found on Pier 1's web site. I just loved the spring colors.

For my card, since it was the colors that led me to choose this picture, that's where I started. I knew I wanted pumpkin pie, certainly celery and soft suede. I tried a few different colors for a blue/green shade and ended up picking baja breeze - that gave me the softness I was looking for. Oh how I would love this color to be brought back... I would be so, so happy!

To start I made the background with a soft suede panel and the Perfect Details texture plate. I thought the pattern mirrored the design of the headboard. To slightly emphasize the texture, I rubbed just a bit of soft suede ink over the whole panel. On top of this background I wanted some fun flowers and chose Best Wishes & More. The flowers were stamped in both pumpkin pie and baja breeze, and then I punched out the baja breeze centers with a 1/2" circle punch and mounted them on the orange flowers with dimensionals. The certainly celery leaves are from the same set - I adhered them to the backs of the flowers, then after I added the baja breeze ribbon, I put all of the images up on dimensionals. To finish off I adhered three tiny buttons in the corners and added a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Chris

Donna

Julie

Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on online forums will be DDIC24. Have fun and look for the next challenge on April 1 - no foolin'!

12 comments:

Donna said...

LOVE this, Lori! The embossing is perfect as are those flowers. Another great challenge!

Kerri said...

Those flowers are gorgeous, and I love the embossed bg, Lori! I used Baja Breeze too, and would definitely love to have them bring back that color as well as Kiwi Kiss!!! Thanks for the great challenge, woman!

Joanne (jojot) said...

happy to play along....here is the link

http://inkyoceangazer.blogspot.com/2010/03/isc-sneak-peek-ccee-challenge-stampin.html

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Pretty pretty, Lori! I love the orange flowers and the baja ribbon! Great job!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Lori! Love the soft colors and the embossed bg is perfect. I think you're right about baja breeze.

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous!!

You can see my card HERE.

Thanks!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Lori!! I just love your colors and the embossed background!! Love your flowers and the baja breeze ribbon!! Baja breeze is my fave color ever!!

Awesome take on the inspiration!!!

hugs,
Chris

crafterGM said...

DT some awesome cards.
Here is my <a href="http://craftergm.blogspot.com/2010/03/1st-birthday.html>Card</a> Gloria M.

crafterGM said...

try again Card Gloria M.

Flowers said...

I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this

Silke Ledlow said...

Lori - this is a gorgoeus take on the inspiration piece!!! Love the colors, embossing and the flowers!!! Hugs ~S~

Denimo said...

What a great challenge!! Thanks so much! Here's mine.