Saturday, March 27, 2010

KISS card class


To me that stands for Keep It Sweet & Simple, and that's the name of a card class I'm doing this weekend for the first time. I think it's going to be a lot of fun! I have three cards planned. The first is a Mother's Day card that I CASEd from Jan Carlson courtesy of Dawn Olchefske's blog. I like the original better, but I think it still turned out cute. I tried to simplify a little bit, and I changed some of the colors around, but I still used Messages for Mom with melon mambo, crushed curry, rich razzleberry, and soft suede for the stamping. This simple card lets the stampers play with markers, embossing with the Big Shot, ribbon, and a punch.

For this card, I can't remember where I originally saw the idea of using the extra large bird punch as a stencil. Sorry to whoever had that idea first - tell me and I would love to give you credit! I used vellum cardstock for my stencil and sponged the branch with certainly celery and the bird with bashful blue onto naturals ivory cardstock. I just went over the wing a bunch more times to get a more intense color. Now, I'm not sure why this is, but bordering blue cardstock looked better for my scalloped circle, which I cut with the Big Shot. The bird is cut out with the Circle Scissor Plus. I added a sentiment from Sincere Salutations and a panel of certainly celery DP with silver brads in the corner, then I sponged the edges of the pieces with bashful blue. Again, a simple card, but they can try a few different tools, techniques, and accessories.

Finally, here's a cheery little birthday card. I jotted down the idea for this card while I was browsing blogs, and - shame on me, again - I don't really know what was CASEd here or where the idea came from. Tell me if you've seen or done something similar so I can add a link! I stamped the row of hats from Party Hearty on bermuda bay cardstock in Versamark three times, leaving a space for another row that I colored with bermuda bay, real red and so saffron markers. The sentiment on the tag seemed perfect for a card covered with so many birthday hats, and after I punched it out I added a tiny little bow made with the saffron ribbon from the Elementary Ribbon Originals. This is probably the simplest card of the three, but I think it's too cute! It also uses some great basic techniques for a beginning stamper.

I hope this class is a hit - who knows, maybe it'll become a regular thing! Thanks so much for visiting today and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I love the idea of using the punch as a stencil. I did the same recently with the Beautiful Wings embosslit. Great cards! Sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

solid wood furniture said...

These are beautiful cards! I like it! They are all so adorable!