Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Love Flowers


Hey, I'm back for this weekend's challenge from Our Creative Corner. I apologize for not posting this week - things have been a little crazy! I'll hope for more stamping time next week.

For today's challenge our lovely hostess Silke has challenged us to a color combo: green, pink, brown, yellow plus neutrals. I immediately thought of this image from Messages for Mom, since I could stamp it in chocolate chip and color it with markers. I picked pretty in pink, barely banana, and old olive. Then I cut and embossed with Nestabilities and added piercing in the oval's scallops. The background is barely banana cardstock embossed with the Elegant Bouquet folder. Then I used the Little Leaves die and the boho blossoms and 1/4" circle punch to make more flowers. Yep, I do love flowers! A strip of chocolate chip satin ribbon (something else I love) and a sentiment from Well Scripted and that was it.

Be sure you check out the rest of the team's creations and come and play along! We always love to see your work. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

What a beautiful bouquet...this is STUNNING, Lori!!!

Wendy J. said...

Lori, this is beautiful! It's so soft looking. I love the color combination you chose. The image is perfect and the die cut flowers are a nice touch!

LorettaL said...

Lori, I love that your emphasis is on the yellow portion of today's challenge!! It has a rich 'creaminess' to it that I just love!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful card Lori. It's absolutely perfect for this challenge. Love that main embossed panel. You totally ROCKED this challenge.

cheryl said...

wow gorjus card hun love the image super detail hugs cheryl xxxx

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Lori, LOVE the color placement and pretty flowers - WOW!

Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Gloria Westerman said...

I love this and just add to leave a comment about it.....this is so simple but totally elegant.....I hope you don't mind if I case this one b/c it's so pretty......such inspiration......

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautiful! Love the color choices you made -- soft and lovely!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL card - Lori!!! What a great design!!! I love how you used this weeks colors!!! Hugs ~S~