Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kid stuff


Today I decided to take the kids to the park, since it was a beautiful day and we hadn't been in a while. I even remembered to bring the camera so I could share some pictures! They really had a great time. Ben spent most of the time running away from me and giggling whenever the camera would come out, but I managed to get a few good shots when he wasn't looking.





















I also wanted to share a quick little funny Sarah story. We were at the grocery store and Ben always likes to stop at the lobster tank and watch the lobsters. (One of his classic lines from quite a while back: "They look happy." Um, maybe not if they knew where they were going to end up.) We were just standing there and all of a sudden Sarah piped up, "Bow wow." I guess lobsters look like puppies to her!


Here's some kid stuff of a different kind: kid cards. I made this trio of baby cards the other day. They're pretty simple but I think cute. I'm realizing if I'm going to have a good supply of kid cards by the 15th of September, I need to simplify at least some of the time! It's a little hard to see but the squares at the bottom each have different little images from Stampin' Up's Year-Round Fun II - star, diaper pin, umbrella, bunny, and flower. The tags are punched and have rub-on letters - in case you can't read them, they say "sweet girl", "cutie pie", and "sweet boy" from top to bottom. The ribbons are the main card color and white combined. The background papers are from the Nana's Kids collection by DCWV. They were fun to make - baby cards have a special place in my heart since I don't expect to be having any more of my own.


My latest project was to cut up a 12x12 sheet of Karen Foster pirate scrapbooking paper and do some pirate cards. I got two that I think are good - I'm still trying to decide what to do with the rest of the scraps. The first one is very simple - just a white card, a layer of cardstock, a layer of pirate paper, and two stamped images attached with foam dots. The second is a bit fancier, with some distressing and brads. The two pirate stamps are by The Cat's Pajamas and the "Ahoy" is by Rubber Soul.

No comments: