Friday, August 24, 2007

Oldies but goodies

That's the name of the limited supplies challenge today. It was supposed to be stamps that haven't been used in a while. Well, since I'm only two months old as a stamper, I decided that for me that would mean "stamps I bought off eBay that I haven't used yet." We were also supposed to use an old sketch challenge, an old color challenge, and one or two embellishments we've been hoarding.


I actually had a card from last week that qualifies - I just finished it today because I didn't have enough of the red rub-on dots to go all the way around and had to order some more. I think this is the wildest card I have ever made, so I'm curious to hear what folks think of it. Too over the top? I cut the red card first, and then realized that I'd really given myself a challenge - I don't own any truly red ink and none of the coloring tools I had were cutting it. I hope the red layer under the sentiment is enough to pull the color into the main part of the card. The other inks are Color Box ice jade and turquoise. The stamps are from Stampin' Up's Perfect Party, except for the Anita's sentiment. All the panels in the center are cut with deckle-edge scissors. I decided to add the silver star brads for fun - they started out only on the two A's in the sentiment, but it didn't seem like enough. Maybe now there are too many! The present is mounted on foam tape.


Now here's the new one - it's another card for Rachel. (She is going to have lots to choose from!) I chose the layout first, and then the stamp, which is from SU's Greetings Galore. It seemed to dictate a fall color scheme, so that led me to this combination of SU sage shadow, Vivid! coffee bean, and Color Box dune (subs for SU chocolate chip and sahara sand). The layout called for using a tag, and this is also something I've been hoarding and have never used. I distressed the tag and stamped the sentiment and then did a color wash with my sage ink. I used another leaf from SU's Year-Round Fun II as the background stamp. The mulberry paper was actually a recent gift from Rachel, so I thought she would enjoy seeing some of it on one of her cards. And the dot ribbon is something I've had for a while but had never cracked open. Hope you like it as much as I do!


Finally, in family news - our house is painted at last! It was actually finished on Wednesday but I just now had time to get some photos of it (before all those Midwest storms make their way out here). Here are some shots of the outside - it's a very similar color to what we had before, although the deck is a lighter gray now. It looks so nice and clean and fresh now, and the painters did an excellent job.

No comments: