Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just cards


I finished a work project this morning and will start another one tomorrow, so this afternoon was my chance to do cards today. The first one is the last card for Rachel. I hope she is happy with her choices! This also fit two challenges - the sketch challenge for today on SCS and the fiber challenge at Caardvarks. It was my first time using fiber and the fiber I chose was actually the starting point for the whole card. I flipped through my papers and once I settled on this Daisy D's blue paisley floral pattern, it pretty much established that it would be monochromatic. I also thought that to go along with the fiber, a distressed look would be perfect. The sketch was tough since there were so many elements that had to coordinate. I ended up doing a light blue card with the main stamping on the same CS (Bazzill), and then distressing a navy piece of APW CS by getting it wet, crumpling it into a ball, and spreading it out to dry. I tore it for the background and the center panel, which is stamped with the paisley from Stampin' Up's Itty Bitty Backgrounds in VersaColor baby blue. The stamping is done with Tombow markers, and I used two colors of the markers and tissue paper to sponge the shadow effect around the images. I cut out the images with deckle-edge scissors. The sentiment is by Inkadinkado.


This next card I actually made last night, when Todd went to bed early (his annual review was today and he was really stressed, poor guy). I wanted to make a cupcake card, and the Doodlebug paper was perfect. I used Brilliance orchid ink for the stamping (SU's Little Layers Plus and Year-Round Fun II) and accented with Gelly Roll pen. The cupcake is punched out, placed on a larger pink punched circle, then placed inside the scalloped window I punched from the paper. The organdy ribbon (from JoAnn's) is a piece of bright pink and white knotted together on the silver spiral clip. I couldn't find a place for the sentiment so for once I actually stamped it on the inside. This seems like a fun card for a little girl.

No comments: