Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas card stamp camp!

I hosted my Christmas card stamp camp last Saturday and we had a great time. I also learned a lot about how to run this kind of event! I had made ten different cards and the stampers who came made one or two of each. Next time I think I'll cut the number of different cards down a little, LOL. I'm posting them here with very brief recipes so if you want to know any more details about any of these cards, please ask!

Card #1 is a CASE of Sharon Johnson with Ski Slope paper and the Punches Three set. Instead of Nestabilities I used the wide oval punch for layering. Colors: real red, chocolate chip, baja breeze.

Card #2 uses Fun & Fast Notes and Heard from the Heart. The kraft panel is 3" square and the 1 3/4" circle punch centers in the middle fairly easily. Colors: always artichoke, mellow moss, bravo burgundy.

Card #3 is done with Lovely as a Tree in baja breeze and handsome hunter - we all agreed this was an unexpected but really great color combo. More Ski Slope paper and sentiment from Many Merry Messages.

Card #4 uses the Always set in riding hood red, very vanilla, and always artichoke. I distressed the edges with my fingernail and added artichoke ink. Another sentiment from Many Merry Messages.

Card #5 is a CASE of one of Shannan Teubner's cards from the most recent Take Ten. I used the In the Spotlight set with paper from Holiday Treasures. Sentiment from All Holidays. Colors: riding hood red, chocolate chip, baja breeze.

Card #6 is in bashful blue and brocade blue with the stamp set from the Country Living kit. The snowflake fits perfectly in the scallop punch. The paper comes from the Rock-a-Bye Boy scrap kit. I added some accents to the large snowflake with white Signo gel pen.

Card #7 uses Holiday Treasures DP and the tree from Snow Swirled. The sentiment is from Warm Words.

Card #8 was embossed with clear and silver EP. The colors are night of navy and bordering blue with brushed silver for an accent. The angel is from Holy Triptych, sentiment from Holidays & Wishes, and swirl from Baroque Motifs.

Card #9 with the Christmas Cardinal is CASEd from the mini catalog in old olive, real red, whisper white and kraft. All stamping was in black and coloring was done with markers.

Card #10 is a bit of an oops - the snowman from Just Celebrate isn't current! I am without any current snowman stamps and I didn't realize what I'd done till Saturday morning. The small snowflake comes from Season of Friendship. The colors are nontraditional: kiwi kiss and pacific point.

Whew! That was a lot of cards. The good news is I have three of each of these, so I'm well on my way to having my Christmas cards done now!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Fantastic group of cards!! How fun ... but 10 is probably a lot to do in one function! Live & learn they say!! I'm sure it was a good time anyways!!!

Anonymous said...

Lori---Yup, these are fantasic---wish I had come!!! Next time be sure to invite me!
Great job, Nola