Sunday, November 23, 2008

Elephant Baby


A long while back I promised a friend a baby card. It was on my to-do list, which kept getting longer, and everything more urgent kept pushing it further and further down... until this week, when she actually needs the card! So here it is, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

My two starting points were leftovers from the Rock-a-Bye Girl scrap kit and Jen's Sketch for You to Try from yesterday. I didn't stay 100% true to the sketch but I hope enough elements are still there!

I began by putting one of the sticker frames from the kit onto the pink pirouette dot paper. Next I used the coordinating Rock-a-Bye Baby stamp set for the elephant and sentiment (stamped in old olive) and layered them with Nestabilities on regal rose cardstock. For mounting I made a scalloped rectangle out of textured olive cardstock with the scallop edge punch (see this great tutorial from SCS) and then added the star in bashful blue. The sentiment and star are both on dimensionals.

To finish I added the striped panel, another layer of olive cardstock, a bit of bashful blue taffeta ribbon, and a white card. I think this is a cute way to use up the scrapbook kit elements and I'll have to make some more of these!

No comments: