Monday, November 24, 2008

Urban Daisy Birthday


I needed a birthday card today and Beate's latest weekend sketch challenge was a great jumping-off point. I decided to look around for what supplies were out and unloved, and I settled on the Urban Garden papers with the Upsy Daisy stamp set.

I chose two of the prints and layered them with not quite navy cardstock. The daisy stamp was inked first in basic gray and then not quite navy, using the rock and roll technique. Since both of these inks are very dark, I couldn't really see how much of the blue ink had been applied - it turned out to be quite a lot! I used baja breeze cardstock to make white a less prominent color. The sentiment (in basic gray) is from the same set and was punched with the wide oval punch. I sponged a bit of not quite navy on both stamped panels.

For finishing touches I mounted the oval on dimensionals and added a bit of white taffeta ribbon. Quick but classy!

No comments: