Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #40: Daily Tea

I love the kids' clothing from Tea Collection. They always find the coolest international inspirations! They also have great basics, which they call Daily Tea, and it's one of those lines that I've chosen for our challenge today. I love the different colors and patterns in this set. You can zoom in on the photo if you click on the link.

This challenge led me to a color combo I never would have thought of - kiwi kiss (it's the center of the dahlia flowers in the right-most top, and it's prominent if you look at the rest of this collection of Daily Tea), regal rose, and bravo burgundy. I decided to use the Always set since it has both a bird and a flower image.

I first took a sheet of white cardstock and my burgundy ink and stamped a pattern with the flower and my Stamp-a-ma-jig. (This is a really fun technique to play around with - a lot of stamps make amazing patterns this way, so give it a try!) To make the centers I stamped one of the small flowers from the set in kiwi, then punched out the very middle with a 1/4" punch and adhered with mini glue dots.

I liked the rose piping and tried to mimic that with my layers by using regal rose cardstock. I stamped the bird with burgundy and pierced a border around the square. Under the stamped layers I added a panel of burgundy cardstock with three vintage brads, then a panel of kiwi kiss patterned paper. The sentiment from Short & Sweet was oval punched, and the bird and sentiment are mounted on dimensionals.

Come give this challenge a try - these colors perked me up this morning! This week's SCS keyword is DSIC40, and as always leave me a comment here - I'd love to see your creations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this stamp set--it is one of my all time favorites!
i JUST MIGHT have to try this out---but I would not necessarily go for the colors--I like the overlap of materials with the fringe (or whatever it is) that runs down from the neckline.
Best, Nola