Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm a flower gal, too


Congratulations to Dawn (flowergal36), today's SCS featured stamper! Dawn's work is amazing. I love floral images so I picked a flower card to CASE - Dawn says she stinks at stamping them but I don't believe it! I changed a few things - flipped the sketch, added black accents, used different stamps, and changed the ribbon treatment.

My flower stamp is the Wild Rose from Cornish Heritage Farms. I stamped it with jet black Stazon on watercolor paper, then colored with a tiny brush and watercolor crayons (old olive and chocolate chip) and pink pirouette reinker. I added a sentiment from Hero Arts, stamped in basic black. The background is the Bella Toile stamped in pink pirouette on whisper white, then I used my Scor-Pal to create the grid. I added a strip of white organdy ribbon, then a strip of black satin ribbon, and layered onto black cardstock and a pink pirouette card base. The center panel is mounted on dimensionals. I love the softness of the image with the punch of the black - I think it makes a great combination. Thanks for coming by to check it out!

No comments: