Sunday, September 23, 2007

Enquiring minds want to know...

Thanks to everyone who has given comments on my dominos in one form or another - it's been really helpful! One reader, who didn't leave a name, asked: "Beautiful dominoes! But how do you get the holes in without breaking them???" Well, that would be because I put my father-in-law on the challenge. He made some sort of template and drilled through the dominos while they were still stacked and wrapped very tightly in their original plastic. It worked really well. Of course now I'm wondering how I'm going to make it till March, the next time he's visiting, without being able to drill any more! Next time I think I'll have him do a years' supply, and I guess in the meantime if I run out of drilled ones, I'll just be making a lot of magnets.

No time to post much more right now as today is our anniversary and we have stuff to get done before the sitter comes at 5:30. We are going to go see In the Shadow of the Moon because we've just finished watching the 12-part HBO miniseries that followed the whole Apollo program (and it was very well done - to be honest I didn't think I would like it but it was fabulous). I told Todd I'd enjoy this documentary (where they talk to the surviving astronauts who walked on the moon, except for Neil Armstrong, who is apparently very private) more having just watched the miniseries because knowing me, all the details will be gone from my memory before too long! (Not Todd. He knows the whole thing by heart.) I've been doing some cardmaking this weekend, though, which has really felt good. I'll try to post some new creations tomorrow.

No comments: