Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A wedding card


I haven't made too many wedding cards, but I'm thinking that I'll do some for the craft fair and I did one for today's sketch challenge. I'm very pleased with how it turned out - I had a hard time getting an accurate photo. I bought a whole bunch of this DCWV vellum for a custom order project but didn't end up using it, so I'll probably make more of these! The silhouette stamp is by Inkadinkado, and it's stamped in Versacolor sky gray and outlined in gelly roll glitter pen to make it stand out. I stamped the letters (My Sentiments Exactly) and outlined in the same way. This is my newest Marvy corner punch and I really think it's so elegant. Now that I'm looking at it, maybe the light gray panel needs a little somethin' ... I didn't want to draw attention away from the vellum but I'll try that next time.


Now a little something for the grandparents out there. Ben took us by surprise yesterday: when I came down to relieve the babysitter, Ben had lined up a whole row of these sewing cards that were mine when I was little. There must be 10 or 12 of these things lying around. He stood them up in one of the spaces between the floorboards. He told the sitter that he had to put them there as cards for all the people who did nice things for God. I thought that was pretty cute.

As for Sarah, here's a photo of her hugging Eeyore. She loves to hug her stuffed animals, and the way she says "Eeyore" is just so cute. Please pardon the goose egg she got from falling outside... She is just talking more and more all the time. Lots of times when she does something, like sit down, she announces what she just did: "I sit." This morning we heard a new one: she was playing with the tractor that came with Ben's Fisher-Price farm. It has a button under where the driver sits so if you push down it'll play "The Farmer in the Dell" but she just likes to push the button itself. Today after she pushed it, she looked up at me and said "I did it!" At first I wasn't convinced, but after hearing it several more times Todd and I both agreed that was what she was saying. Just amazing to watch this little girl growing up.

No comments: