Sunday, September 16, 2007

On the rebound


It's been a tough weekend for me. Yesterday was disappointing, I'm coming down with a cold and not feeling well, I've had headaches off and on, Todd is still working round the clock, I've been impatient with the kids, etc., etc. I wasn't sure what I would feel like doing this afternoon - I was debating between cleaning my stamping table, starting my new editing project, or making a card. I didn't have the energy for the first two, but stamping usually perks me up when I'm down so I decided to try a card. I hadn't done any SCS challenges since Wednesday, and the featured stamper today really inspired me. She makes beautiful cards, and I chose this one. I decided to do a Christmas card in green and brown. I stamped the pine cones in a couple shades of brown, stamping without reinking to get multiple shades. I did the same with the trees. All the images are accented with clear glitter pen. I had to change the corners from the original since this is my nice corner punch. I also decided to do the ribbon slightly differently and I left off the tabs because I don't have the word window punch. Instead of speckled dots I used a tiny snowflake stamp. I feel so much better having made something (a) pretty and (b) Christmasy and (c) not kid-related! I think I've done nothing but increased my determination to find somewhere to sell my cards. I really want this to be more than a hobby.

Stamps: Stampin' Up's Peaceful Wishes, Happy Winter; Hero Arts sentiment; Embossing Arts trees
Ink: SU forest foliage, Color Box chestnut roan and dark brown
Accessories: Michael's $1 ribbon, Sakura gelly roll clear glitter pen, Marvy corner punch, Making Memories brads

No comments: