Sunday, January 20, 2008

Featured Stamper day!

When I first started doing SCS challenges the Featured Stamper wasn't one I really liked - but as I pushed myself beyond my comfort zone I really started to enjoy them. I've found that it gets me doing things I never would have thought of, and I've made some of my favorite cards for the FS challenges.

Today's featured stamper is KathyC - I don't know if I'd ever seen her gallery before, but she does beautiful work! I chose this card to CASE and turn into a Valentine's card. (It would have been so tempting to stick with snowflakes... maybe I'll come back to that idea in a few months!) I used pretty in pink instead of soft sky but kept the other cardstock colors the same (purely pomegranate, white, basic gray) and since I used the same fold as Kathy, I put some of that gorgeous basic gray taffeta ribbon between the crease and the scored line (1/2" from the crease) and secured with sticky strip.

I had trouble choosing what heart stamps to use. The Denami Designs sentiment jumped out at me right away because it resembled the swirly "Joy" stamp that Kathy used. In the end I chose this heart border stamp by Stampendous. I did generation stamping in pomegranate around the sentiment, and stamped in Versamark on the top and bottom of the base. Finally, using a Marvy heart punch, I punched two hearts from pretty in pink and pomegranate, accented them with glitter pen, and added three Primas with a Making Memories crystal brad. They're attached to the stamped panel with dimensionals.

I'm not sure what I think of this card so I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments: