Friday, January 18, 2008

My favorite way to start the day...

By making a card, of course! (In the interest of full disclosure, I did the tree image last night so that the Stickles would dry, not knowing what I'd do with it, but when I saw today's SCS limited supplies challenge I decided to make my card around it.) Sorry for the lousy photo - at 7:15 on an icy morning, conditions for taking pictures are far from optimal!

The challenge was to use background stamps, and no designer paper. For my background I used a Hero Arts dotted heart stamped randomly on SU real red cardstock in real red ink. The tree (Savvy Stamps) is stamped on vanilla cardstock in close to cocoa, with Xmas red Stickles over the hearts. I used some ivory wide organdy and gorgeous red velvet ribbon as an accent, and rounded the corners with a Marvy punch. Everything is mounted on dimensionals because the velvet ribbon is quite thick. Finally I put it all on a top-folded vanilla card and added the Savvy Stamps sentiment in real red at the bottom. Since the main part of the work was done ahead, this came together really quickly!

1 comment:

Becky Elfert said...

I saw this on SCS and just had to see more info on it. Beautiful!