Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #6: Flower Market


I think I found a really fun challenge for this week - at least I had a blast with it! It's a series of decographs found here - I had to take a picture of the catalog page again this week so my apologies.


For my card I decided to try my hand at the emboss resist technique. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to do something new to me. I also broke out my new SU Baroque Motifs set, and what a fun one to play with! I liked the first of the prints the best. First I stamped the flowers, sentiment (My Sentiments Exactly), and scroll in Versamark and So Saffron craft ink on white cardstock, then embossed with clear embossing powder. When it was cool I sponged on a heavy layer of Taken with Teal ink and then buffed it off with a paper towel. It was amazing to see the images just pop out! I tied the ribbon around and thought that maybe I was done, but it really seemed to need something more so I added the pin. I don't have the Pretties Kit so I just used a corsage pin and beads that I had hanging around. It's what Todd would call a dangerous card - no safety end on the pin - I keep meaning to check at Michael's if I can buy them separately. Anyway, to finish it off I mounted the stamped panel with dimensionals onto a saffron panel and then onto a white card. I'll definitely be playing with the resist techniques more - this was so much fun!

No comments: