Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #5: Library wallet

First of all, I know that I said I'd do this on Thursday. But I made the card already and I couldn't wait! Plus I realized that I have more time to blog on Wednesdays than on Thursdays, so here it is. I'll be posting my challenges on Wednesday from now on.


I apologize that the photo is not great - I don't have a scanner and Anthropologie (where this wallet is sold) wouldn't let me borrow their photo, but you can see the original here. (Select the red one to see the one I used - feel free to pick another if you like them better - it's all good!)


Here is my card. This seemed like the perfect chance to break out my new Embrace Life set from SU. The red flowers are stamped with SU real red, but the teal and olive are done with Tombow markers. All cardstock is from SU. I did the white rub-on stitching (DCWV) around the outer edge to mimic the wallet's stitching. Gold brads seemed called for, and I used my SU ticket corner punch to make space for them in the corners. And I liked the oval placement as well so used my Marvy punches for the sentiment, which I stamped by inking the words separately so it would fit inside the smallest oval. I had to use two different thicknesses of dimensionals to get the oval to lay flat over the two bigger layers.

Please leave me a comment if you play along this week - I'd love to see your ideas!

No comments: