I am determined to make some Valentine's cards with lots of sparkle to them. But so far everything I'm trying is not working like I want. I'm sure you will see more of my efforts if you read my blog often - this is the first one that I'm willing to publicly share. And it's nowhere near glittery enough, hrmph, but I like it despite that!
This card was the first in a while that I've created without at least in part CASEing something I'd seen elsewhere. I've been doing lots of CASEs lately because it's a lot faster for me, but it felt good to really start from scratch. I started with the Hero Arts flower and heart stamp, which is part of a set I picked up yesterday. In my quest for bling I stamped it several times in SU pink passion and pixie pink craft ink, then embossed with Ranger polysparkle powder. I ended up with a row of 5 flowers that looked good enough to use, so that determined the size of the rest of the panels. I made a background panel in pixie pink with pink passion dots from the SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds set. Next I cut a strip of pink passion and used my corner rounder punch to make the scalloped edges. What a cool trick - it was my first time trying it and I love it! I tied on the organdy ribbon and layered the panels together. For the sentiment, which is by Stampabilities, I stamped in pink passion on pixie pink and embossed as before. It fit perfect in my pink Marvy scallop circle punch, so I layered it on a larger pink passion circle and added the dots with white gel pen. It's mounted with dimensionals. Voila!