Thursday, March 27, 2008

Gimme Some Lovin' Day 4


And now for something completely different! I have several unused things in this card. One is the colors: the yellow is barely banana, which I only have in my soft subtles cardstock pack, and the flower squares are stamped in cameo coral, which is just one of those colors that makes me a little squeamish. But here it seems to work somehow. The green is mellow moss. I was inspired to put these colors together after I saw a bedding set in the Land of Nod catalog (click here). I should note that the polka-dot background panel is not coral but groovy guava - the ink and cardstock didn't look the same at all! The layout I used is SCS sketch challenge 168 from last week - I think I may have strayed somewhat but I'd say it's close enough to count, LOL.

I inked up a couple of unused stamp sets here. The sentiment comes from the hostess set For a Friend. It seemed perfect for this sketch and the feel I was going for. I stamped it in moss on banana cardstock and then used my blender pen to color with a little coral.

All of the flowers come from the Happiness set that I mounted with my blocks from The Block Guy. I stamped the flowers and then cut them into the three different panels. The moss strip behind them uses the row of single flowers stamped repeatedly. Then I put that over the guava panel. Some moss taffeta ribbon and dimensionals for the sentiment and it was all done. This one was pretty quick and easy. I think I'll be doing more of these in different colors!

Don't forget your keyword DSGSL if you play along today. Happy stamping!

No comments: