Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #13: Poppy Meadow bedding


This week's challenge piece comes from the Company Store - I loved the soft colors in this Poppy Meadow bedding set. Keyword for uploading to SCS this week is DSIC13. I'd love to see your creations!

I decided I'd better get back to making Mother's Day cards for the May fair I'm doing. I had initially planned on using more colors in my card, but in the end I kept it pretty simple with sahara sand, soft sky, and very vanilla. I think I'll come back to this color combo since I think it's just lovely.

The first thing I did was the sand and vanilla flower panel. It's done with embossing resist to mimic the comforter. I stamped the flower from Heartfelt Thanks on vanilla with Versamark, then embossed with clear EP. I sponged sahara sand over top with a sponge dauber and buffed with a paper towel. I love how this came out! It did take a reallllllly long time, but I think it was worth it.

For my layout I went back to a sketch challenge from SCS that I hadn't had time for (#166). I really like this layout. I used a panel of soft sky paper and layered everything on sand cardstock. The center panel uses the same flower stamp, plus the outline that matches, stamped in soft sky and sand. I sponged just a little sand ink on the edge of the center panel - I didn't want this card to be *too* dirty!

I played with some different things for the word "mom" - I knew that was what I wanted from the beginning, but I don't have a stamp that says that. I ended up using a clear stamp set from My Sentiments Exactly. I finished off the card by adding the vanilla ribbon and putting it all together, mounting the center panel on foam tape. The inside says Happy Mother's Day. Apart from the embossing, this was a pretty quick card, but I love the effect of it.

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

I like the bedspread....I like the card. Very nice. I just love Heartfelt Thanks!!! Joan