Friday, March 28, 2008

Gimme Some Lovin' Day 5

Whew! I got a card done. It's tough on Fridays. I did another combo, this time with the SCS limited supply challenge. Today's was to use an unloved embellishment, so that fit right in with my theme! I intended to use Beate's weekend sketch challenge but I think I got too far away for it to count. I'll have to try again!

This whole card began with the ribbon, which is by Basic Grey and coordinates with the Lilykate papers. I do have those papers, but have I ever used the ribbons? Nope. And I have a whole bunch of ribbon collections that are gathering dust. I should do a card this way more often!

The pink in the ribbon seemed to coordinate best, to my surprise, with blush blossom. I've only used it twice now but I'm really starting to love this color, and it looks beautiful with chocolate chip. It's rare that I only use two colors on a card, so that made for an interesting challenge in itself.

I had already pulled my Be Happy set to use during my week of challenges. It seemed to be perfect for today's card. The background (dots again!) was done this time with my Hot to Dot wheel - and till now I had no idea that one was retired. Oops! Well, at least it's something different than the polka dot background, LOL.

For the main image I stamped the label four times without reinking so that it would be really pale. Then I colored the "laugh" with a Tombow marker and stamped onto the label. The flower is just stamped in chocolate chip on the blush cardstock and cut out. I added the copper brads (Making Memories) for just a bit more embellishment.

The center background panel is an Inkadinkado stamp - it looks like aida cloth with fringed edges. I stamped it twice, overlapping in the center, and then cut off the fringe part of the image to make a rectangle. I distressed the edge with my fingernail and edged with chocolate chip. I wrapped the ribbon around and taped onto the back - this ribbon is quite thick grosgrain so I don't think I could have tied it. I mounted the two stamped images with foam tape to cover the overlap between the two aida stamp images. Then the whole center panel was also mounted on foam tape, due to the thickness of the ribbon.

This was a quick one, since I was in a hurry. I'll cross my fingers that I'll be back with a challenge card for you the next two days!

No comments: