Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stamping for a good cause

I'm doing something different this weekend - I was invited to take part in a fund-raiser for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. It's happening at a hair salon nearby, and I'm hopeful that I'll get some good contacts and maybe even customers out of it - but it's great to be helping a very worthy cause.

For my donation I'll be giving the proceeds from a quick little make & take. I came up with this idea for a treat bag, thanks to a wonderful suggestion from another SCSer. It's a really simple project that I hope will be fun for the people there. I'll fill all the 3x5 cello bags with candy in advance, and then they can stamp the toppers. Since Easter is almost here (unbelievable!) I thought this set, called A Good Egg, would be perfect.

I will probably offer different color schemes using whatever colors of paper I have - this one is perfect pink from the 6x6 hostess pack. The background of this one is stamped in pink and the sentiment in chocolate chip. For the chick, I stamped it in chocolate chip three times - first on the topper, then on so saffron cardstock, and then on the dot paper. I used the scallop punch on the saffron and then cut out the egg portion of the stamp from the dot paper. When it's all lined up this is how it looks. I stapled the bag closed after stamping the chick onto the topper so that the scallop hides the staple.

This is my first make & take for something like this, where I don't have a lot of space and time for the project - I'm open to any and all suggestions, advice, etc. I'm really looking forward to it and hoping it'll be a great experience, and raise lots of money for breast cancer. If you're local to the Boston area and want more info on the event, contact me and I'll get the details to you!

No comments: