Thursday, November 5, 2009

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #15


It's so nice to be back with a new Divine Diva challenge for you - three weeks seems like a long time! I'm taking a break from Christmas cards for this week's challenge.


I decided to use some rich colors - melon mambo and elegant eggplant, along with old olive and whisper white. This wasn't my original plan - I was trying to do something a lot more complicated and it just wasn't working. When I'm in the middle of struggling with a card, and I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall, it takes me way too long to remember that simplifying things usually solves my problem. But eventually I decided to try fewer colors and a simpler design, and this is what I ended up with.

The main image is from Charming, and I colored it with melon and olive markers then cut out with Nestabilities. I used a larger layer of eggplant cardstock behind it. The card base is also eggplant, with a background of melon cardstock that I stamped tone on tone with the Cornish Heritage Farms sophisticated swirl backgrounder. The sentiment (from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages) was stamped in eggplant right onto the image panel. To finish off the card, I added olive ribbon (from the holiday mini) and three Martha Stewart adhesive pearls.

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Chris

Donna

Julie

Keri

Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC15. Have fun and look for the next challenge on November 19!

8 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I just love the simplicity of this card!! The melon is a perfect match, and the pearls make it so beautiful and feminine!! Great job with the ribbon!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Lori!! I love your colors and layout!! The ribbon treatment is beautiful!!
~Chris

Kerri said...

This is just beautiful, Lori! You absolutely nailed the colors and your floral image is gorgeous! Love the ribbon treatment too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a beautiful card, Lori! I love the colors you used and the shape of your main panel fits perfectly w/ the challenge.

Donna said...

What a lovely card, Lori! It's a perfect example of "less is more".

Jeanne Forsyth said...

This is a beautiful card Lori! The colors are gorgeous - very nice!
You can see my card here

Kathy Mc said...

Right away I think of a package/present when I see this one. Great color combo!

megan nz said...

love love how it looks like a present am going off soon to CASE you.