Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas (Cards) - Day 10


Whew! OK, I will admit this is starting to get tough... but here is my card for today. No challenges with this one - I'm flying solo! And keeping it pretty simple as well.

For this card I started out with the lattice die and some always artichoke cardstock. I ended up making two lattices and overlapping them, then adhering them to a naturals ivory card base. For a pop of color I added some real red polka-dot ribbon. The tree and sentiment are from Season of Joy - I used one of the Lots of Tags dies for the sentiment and added an artichoke button (from Fresh Favorites) tied with hemp twine. And that's it! I'm really concentrating on getting ready for Friday's workshop - which will have at least 6 people, yay! - so I'm going to keep it short for today.

I'm sure you are getting tired of hearing this, but just in case anyone new is joining us today - don't forget to leave comments on my Twelve Days of Christmas posts in order to have lots of chances to win the Christmas blog candy that's hidden somewhere during this challenge. Only two more days after today!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this card. I have everything you used!!! No waiting for an order to come in! The lattice(?) intrigues me. I find it's versatile.
Sharon L

ShortStack said...

Lori,

I'm super impressed that you've made it to the 10th Day! That's awesome! What perseverance!

Love
LeAnn

Katherine said...

I can certainly relate. I spent 3 1/2 hours cutting card stock and packing for a workshop tomorrow night.

Yay for you!

Kathy Mc said...

First time I've seen the lattice overlapped, and I really like it as a different background. I'd give you a 10 on Day 10!

megan nz said...

another great card. How have you done it for so many days.

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

Using that lattice on a Christmas card is so outside the box! I am now inspired to make a Christmas card with something not Christmas-y.

scrappingnana said...

I have this lattice die and I love it. I have seen so many interesting projects made with it. I love your card. TFS
JoAnn (scrappingnana4@yahoo.com)